On-Site Fan Balancing -
"Unbalance Is The Most Common Cause of Excessive Vibration..." -Victor Wowk
On Site Fan Balancing Can Get Your Machinery Running Smoothly Again
Machinery Diagnostics is a leading provider for On-Site Fan Balancing in Massachusetts and surrounding areas. Our field balancing services can be performed on rotating machinery right in place, without having to remove the rotor from the machine or send it out for in-shop balancing. We have over 30 years of on-site dynamic fan balancing experience.
Our on-site dynamic balancing services are performed using one of the most advanced Influence Coefficient Method (ICM) balancing programs developed. Vibration sensors and a non-contacting tachometer are used to obtain vibration amplitude and phase data, for which the program quickly calculates the amount and location of correction weight to be applied to (or removed from) the rotor. We can quickly get your machinery running smoothly in short order.
Only a few simple requirements are needed to perform in-place balancing.
- Physical access to the rotor to add, or remove balancing correction weight.
- Visual access to the rotor shaft, the sheave or coupling, or the rotor itself. Here we use a non-contacting tachometer (laser tachometer) to obtain rotor speed & phase.
- The ability to start and stop the machine. We'll need to operate the machine obtain vibration readings, speed & phase data. We'll need to stop the machine to make balance corrections to the rotor.
If your experiencing a vibration problem with your machinery, chances are it may be caused by unbalance. If by some chance the vibration is caused by another issue, we can still help. Our On-site vibration analysis service performed on the machine can identify the source of the vibration. Either way, we can help resolve your vibration problem.
Fans & Blowers that can be Balanced On-Site:
- HVAC Air Handling Fans & Blowers
- Centrifugal, Backward Incline, Squirrel Cage, Axial Flow
- Commercial & Industrial
- Supply Air Fans
- Return Air Fans
- Make-up Air Fans
- Air Curtains
- Process Air Fans & Blowers
- Power Plants
- Cement & Asphalt
- Test Chambers
- Data Centers
- Exhaust Fans
- Process Exhaust
- Dust Collection
- Baghouse Fans
- Kitchen & Toilet Exhaust
We Provide Field Balancing Services On All Types Of Machinery
We provide on-site balancing services in Massachusetts and surrounding areas for all types of rotating machinery, and industries, not just fans & blowers. We also balance wire & cable machinery, forestry mulchers and grinders, cooling towers, vertical turbine pumps, energy flywheels, machining centers and so much more.
Check Out Some Of Our Other Articles: