Mulcher Balancing -
On Site Mulcher Balancing Gets Your Machine Running Smoothly Again
Machinery Diagnostics is a leading provider for Mulcher Balancing in New York and beyond. We also provide on-site balancing on other mowing & forestry grinding equipment in and around the New England area.
With our on-site Mulcher Balancing service, we come to your shop or job-site location. We can get your equipment running just a smoothly as it was the day it manufactured, sometimes even smoother. We've balanced hundreds of forestry mulchers and grinders over the years. Our customers vary from original equipment manufacturers, nationwide tree & forestry service companies, to private owner/operators. We're listed with some equipment manufactures as a provider for balancing services for the New England area.
Examples of Mulchers & Grinders We Balance:
- Brown Brontosaurus
- Continental Biomass Industries (CBI)
- And many others...
Before Mulcher Balancing... (some suggestions):
- Have a fresh set of knifes or teeth installed prior to balancing (or at least ones that are only lightly used). Balancing with uneven, or worn knifes means that later replacements may likely compromise the balance condition.
- Perform any repairs to the rotor/drum (welding, replacing knife/tooth holders, etc.) before balancing. Welding after the rotor has been balanced adds localized weight and can cause distortion/bending, both which can effect balance.
- Be sure the bearings for rotor/drum are in decent shape and replace them if needed prior to balancing. With drive belts removed, a vertical lift test performed on each end of the drum/rotor using a long pry bar helps in detecting excessive bearing clearance. When replacing bearings, inspect the shaft journals for wear & replace the shaft if needed.
- Avoid damaging the rotor/drum bearings when welding. When welding on the rotor/drum, >always< ground to the rotor/drum itself, not the housing or other location on the machine.
As the Machine Hours Add Up...
Over time, vibration levels on this type of machinery tend to increase due to wear, damage, service, etc. As the vibration increases, many operators slowly begin to realize the effects of the vibration and fatigue it can cause during day to day operations. After balancing is completed, many operators mention that they should have had it done much sooner. Aside from the effects of wear and tear on the operator, it should be noted that bearing life is also compromised when vibration levels become excessive.
We Provide Field Balancing Services On All Types Of Machinery
We provide on-site balancing services in New York and surrounding areas for all types of rotating machinery, and industries, not just forestry mulchers, shredders & grinders. We also balance wire & cable machinery, fans, blowers, industrial machinery, cooling towers, vertical turbine pumps, energy flywheels, machining centers & fixtures and so much more.